Traveling and Teaching and Learning
On Wednesday we visited Ebenezer Church. We enjoyed a time of fellowship, prayer and tea. Many faithful saints here first heard the Gospel years ago when Lois and Hoyt first came to Kangundo. Yesterday we visited Mwala church. It was a long drive to a much more arid area. The people of this church warmly greeted us. We sang together, prayed together and listened as Paul shared from God’s Word.
Paul preached at chapel this morning for the last time. The young people and college staff were very appreciative of his preaching ministry. Paul’s many projects have come together in recent days. The concrete slab for Hoyt’s grave site has been poured. The railing for the ramp in back has also been completed and painted. We praise God for His faithfulness in giving Paul grace to finish these projects.
Pastor Chris has thoroughly enjoyed his time with the pastors his Leadership Class. They have covered many critical topics ranging from the qualifications of leadership to the challenges of leadership to God’s provisions for leaders. Today, after the conclusion of the class, the students took a 2 hr. final exam. It is thrilling to know that these men will be taking the things they have learned to the leaders of the other 27 churches throughout Kenya. God has beautiful ways of multiplying His work.
Charlotte embarked on an additional large project. With her sewing skills, she made covers for the chairs on Lois’ patio. It was a large undertaking with little time as we leave for home in two days. We praise God that she just completed it.
Thank you again for getting us here and sustaining us here through your faithful giving and ongoing prayers. We consider it a privilege to represent our beloved church family among our brothers and sisters in Kenya.
- Praise God that He gave Charlotte the strength and mental focus to complete the cushon project quickly. God worked through the power here as the electricity went out several times. We were operating on generator power to keep the sewing machine going.
- For Paul as he continues to serve in any way possible (he helped Charlotte pin cushion covers as I began to type this) that he would have much endurance, grace and joy.
- Pray for the Leadership Class students that they would be strengthened by all they have learned and encouraged with the excellent effort they put into the class. Pray that as they share this with the other pastors throughout the country that the churches would be greatly strengthened and their Gospel witness would shine with ever growing beauty and intensity.
- Pray for Pastor Chris’ preparations for and delivery of this Sunday’s message.
- Pray for travel mercies as we continue to drive to various locations locally and as we begin our long journey home Sunday night.